Copyright for the PUO-UOP website is held by PUO-UOP. All rights reserved. Copyright for material found on the PUO-UOP website is held by PUO-UOP or its licensors. For specific copyright information and notices, please consult the publications or material in question on the PUO-UOP website. By accessing material on the PUO-UOP website, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any of the content or information without the express written permission of PUO-UOP. Send any requests for permission to PUO-UOP@uottawa.ca.
3. Notice of collection and use of information
PUO-UOP respects the privacy of visitors to its site and does not share your personal information with third parties, except as required to provide services.
Your personal information is used by PUO-UOP to:
- Create an account for you, if requested
- Process your purchases through a secure payment gateway
- Create internal reports to understand individual and aggregate use of the PUO-UOP website and activities undertaken on the site
- Communicate with you about your account, purchase and comments provided or any reviews you have posted about PUO-UOP publications
- Provide you with information about PUO-UOP, such as newsletters, updates, PUO-UOP website features and content, publications, services, benefits, events, and activities
We do not sell or trade any personal information collected or in our mailing lists. We may share your personal information to process your purchase or under the authority of a law, regulation, search warrant or other legal requirement.
If you have questions about the collection or use of your information or wish to update or correct the personal information you have provided to PUO-UOP, please email us at PUO-UOP@uottawa.ca.
The following details are collected from visitors to the PUO-UOP website:
- Information entered when creating an account, such as contact information, username and password, place of work and job title
- Information from purchase transactions, such as name, address, transaction details and credit card information (see below)
- Any other information provided voluntarily, for example, a review of one of our publications
- Anonymous non-personal computer information (via cookies, as explained below)
- Collect demographics and location-based information
- Understand our audience and visitors to the PUO-UOP website
- Determine whether you have previously visited the PUO-UOP website
- Keep track of products you put into your PUO-UOP shopping cart
- Determine whether you came to the PUO-UOP website from another website, a link or an advertisement
- Speed up and personalize your PUO-UOP online experience and searches
You can change your browser settings so that you will be notified when you receive a cookie. You can then choose to accept or refuse it. You can also delete cookies at any time; however, this might have an undesirable effect on the experience you have on the PUO-UOP and other websites.
Although we make every reasonable effort to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration by third parties, be aware there is always some risk inherent in transmitting information over the Internet or by email. You are solely responsible for keeping your account information, username, and password confidential.
4. PUO-UOP communications
PUO-UOP may communicate with you by email if you have created an account, signed up to receive the PUO-UOP newsletter or purchased any of our publications.
You may withdraw your consent to receive PUO-UOP communications at any time by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link included in any PUO-UOP message or by sending an email to PUO-UOP@uOttawa.ca.
Note, however, that if you withdraw your consent, we may no longer be able to provide certain services to you.
5. Shopping cart and payment gateway purchases
To protect your personal information, we ensure any payment-related information you provide when making a purchase is encrypted prior to it being sent to the payment gateway, where the information is further encrypted prior to your order being processed. By making a purchase on the PUO-UOP website, you acknowledge that you will be required to provide payment and delivery information, including your name, billing address, shipping address and credit card number.
The credit card or other payment information you provide must be accurate and complete and will be used to charge you for any PUO-UOP publication, product, or service you purchase and to guard against fraud and wrongful use. At any time and without prior notice, PUO-UOP and its suppliers reserve the right to make any necessary updates, modifications and adjustments to publication or product descriptions and prices due to errors, product discontinuation, changing costs, new market conditions or any other relevant factor. All prices are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise indicated.
Purchases are subject to applicable handling charges, shipping fees and federal and provincial sales taxes. Prior to a credit card transaction being completed, you will be advised of the total charges and be asked to confirm the transaction. You are responsible for all fees and taxes incurred by you. All orders for shipment outside of Canada may be subject to additional taxes, shipping charges, custom fees, or duties. You are responsible for all such costs.
6. Your comments or reviews
Comments or reviews you provide related to PUO-UOP publications or products do not reflect the views or opinion of the University of Ottawa Press. If you share your comments or reviews online with us:
- Do not include your phone number, email address or any other personal identifying information unless you want that information to be made available publicly
- Restrict your comments to PUO-UOP publications or products
- Use only English or French (comments in both languages can be intermingled but will not be translated)
- Provide only your own content and opinion—violation of copyright or other proprietary laws will not be tolerated
- Be respectful of the comments or reviews submitted by others
- Discriminatory, hateful (hate speech), defamatory, offensive or abusive (e.g., violent, obscene, profane, harassing) and illegal (e.g., pornographic, threatening, suggestive of committing a criminal act) comments and content are prohibited as are comments or content that violates personal privacy and confidentiality requirements (e.g., include another individual’s personal information) and any repetitive or unsolicited marketing material or messages (spam)
PUO-UOP may edit your comments or reviews or remove them in whole or in part. You alone are responsible for the comments, reviews, or any other content that you provide. By submitting, posting or uploading content or reviews to the PUO-UOP website, you grant PUO-UOP the non-exclusive irrevocable right to use your content royalty-free in perpetuity. You waive all moral rights in your comments, reviews or content and give PUO-UOP permission to display, copy, translate, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information. You give PUO-UOP permission to publish your full name in connection with your comments, reviews, or any other content you provide.
7. Limitation of liability
PUO-UOP is not responsible for damages or injury caused by or arising from your use of the PUO-UOP website or from the purchase, licensing, or use of any PUO-UOP publication, product or service made available by PUO-UOP. Such damages or injury includes any resulting from failure to perform, errors, omissions, interruptions, delays in operation or transmission or communication line failure or from the theft, alteration, or destruction of or unauthorized access to information on the PUO-UOP website.
While PUO-UOP makes every effort to keep the content on its website current, we give no representations, warranties, or conditions (express or implied) that the PUO-UOP website will be error-free or completely accurate at all times. The information, publications or other goods and services available on the PUO-UOP website are provided “as is.” PUO-UOP expressly denies any warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and that your use will be uninterrupted, secure, or error-free. At any time and without notice, PUO-UOP may correct errors or inaccuracies and change or update the publications, products, content, and services available on the PUO-UOP website.
8. Links to external sites