Copyright for the UOP website is held by UOP. All rights reserved. Copyright for material found on the UOP website is held by UOP or its licensors. For specific copyright information and notices, please consult the publications or material in question on the UOP website. By accessing material on the UOP website, you agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any of the content or information without the express written permission of UOP. Send any requests for permission to email@example.com.
3. Notice of collection and use of information
UOP respects the privacy of visitors to its site and does not share your personal information with third parties, except as required in order to provide services.
Your personal information is used by UOP to:
- Create an account for you, if requested
- Process your purchases through a secure payment gateway
- Create internal reports to understand individual and aggregate use of the UOP website and activities undertaken on the site
- Communicate with you about your account, purchase and comments provided or any reviews you have posted about UOP publications
- Provide you with information about UOP, such as newsletters, updates, UOP website features and content, publications, services, benefits, events and activities
We do not sell or trade any personal information collected or in our mailing lists. We may share your personal information to process your purchase or under the authority of a law, regulation, search warrant or other legal requirement.
If you have questions about the collection or use of your information or wish to update or correct the personal information you have provided to UOP, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following details are collected from visitors to the UOP website:
- Information entered when creating an account, such as contact information, user name and password, place of work and job title
- Information from purchase transactions, such as name, address, transaction details and credit card information (see below)
- Any other information provided voluntarily, for example, a review of one of our publications
- Anonymous non-personal computer information (via cookies, as explained below)
- Collect demographics and location-based information
- Understand our audience and visitors to the UOP website
- Determine whether you have previously visited the UOP website
- Keep track of products you put into your UOP shopping cart
- Determine whether you came to the UOP website from another website, a link or an advertisement
- Speed up and personalize your UOP online experience and searches
You can change your browser settings so that you will be notified when you receive a cookie. You can then choose to accept or refuse it. You can also delete cookies at any time; however, this might have an undesirable effect on the experience you have on the UOP and other websites.
Although we make every reasonable effort to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties, be aware there is always some risk inherent in transmitting information over the Internet or by email. You are solely responsible for keeping your account information, user name and password confidential.
4. UOP communications
UOP may communicate with you by email if you have created an account, signed up to receive the UOP newsletter or purchased any of our publications. You may withdraw your consent to receive UOP communications at any time by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link included in any UOP message or by sending an email to puo-uop@uOttawa.ca. Note, however, that if you withdraw your consent, we may no longer be able to provide certain services to you.
5. Shopping cart and payment gateway purchases
In order to protect your personal information, we ensure any payment-related information you provide when making a purchase is encrypted prior to it being sent to the payment gateway, where the information is further encrypted prior to your order being processed. By making a purchase on the UOP website, you acknowledge that you will be required to provide payment and delivery information, including your name, billing address, shipping address and credit card number.
The credit card or other payment information you provide must be accurate and complete and will be used to charge you for any UOP publication, product or service you purchase and to guard against fraud and wrongful use. At any time and without prior notice, UOP and its suppliers reserve the right to make any necessary updates, modifications and adjustments to publication or product descriptions and prices due to errors, product discontinuation, changing costs, new market conditions or any other relevant factor. All prices are in Canadian dollars unless otherwise indicated. Purchases are subject to applicable handling charges, shipping fees and federal and provincial sales taxes. Prior to a credit card transaction being completed, you will be advised of the total charges and be asked to confirm the transaction. You are responsible for all fees and taxes incurred by you. All orders for shipment outside of Canada may be subject to additional taxes, shipping charges, custom fees or duties. You are responsible for all such costs.
6. Your comments or reviews
Comments or reviews you provide related to UOP publications or products do not reflect the views or opinion of the University of Ottawa Press. If you share your comments or reviews online with us:
- Do not include your phone number, email address or any other personal identifying information unless you want that information to be made available publicly
- Restrict your comments to UOP publications or products
- Use only English or French (comments in both languages can be intermingled but will not be translated)
- Provide only your own content and opinion—violation of copyright or other proprietary laws will not be tolerated
- Be respectful of the comments or reviews submitted by others
- Discriminatory, hateful (hate speech), defamatory, offensive or abusive (e.g., violent, obscene, profane, harassing) and illegal (e.g., pornographic, threatening, suggestive of committing a criminal act) comments and content are prohibited as are comments or content that violates personal privacy and confidentiality requirements (e.g., include another individual’s personal information) and any repetitive or unsolicited marketing material or messages (spam)
UOP may edit your comments or reviews or remove them in whole or in part. You alone are responsible for the comments, reviews or any other content that you provide. By submitting, posting or uploading content or reviews to the UOP website, you grant UOP the non-exclusive irrevocable right to use your content royalty-free in perpetuity. You waive all moral rights in your comments, reviews or content and give UOP permission to display, copy, translate, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information. You give UOP permission to publish your full name in connection with your comments, reviews or any other content you provide.
7. Limitation of liability
UOP is not responsible for damages or injury caused by or arising from your use of the UOP website or from the purchase, licensing or use of any UOP publication, product or service made available by UOP. Such damages or injury includes any resulting from failure to perform, errors, omissions, interruptions, delays in operation or transmission or communication line failure or from the theft, alteration or destruction of or unauthorized access to information on the UOP website.
While UOP makes every effort to keep the content on its website current, we give no representations, warranties or conditions (express or implied) that the UOP website will be error-free or completely accurate at all times. The information, publications or other goods and services available on the UOP website are provided “as is.” UOP expressly denies any warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose and that your use will be uninterrupted, secure or error-free. At any time and without notice, UOP may correct errors or inaccuracies and change or update the publications, products, content and services available on the UOP website.
8. Links to external sites